Amulet Creative Ltd (Trading as Tickled Moon) is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalised or not) – Amulet Creative Ltd (Trading as Tickled Moon)
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data we gather
Information you have provided us with
This might be your e-mail address, name, billing address, home address, date of birth, gender, username and password when you register to use our website, provide us with personalised details for a gift recipient required for a particular product, enter a competition, promotion or survey and/or when you report a problem with our website, etc – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Website. This information includes, for example, your name, e-mail address, username and password.
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including direct interactions such as when you:
- Apply for our products or services
- Create an account on our website
- Subscribe to our service or publications
- Request marketing to be sent to you
- Enter a competition, promotion or survey
- React to marketing posts on our social media forums (including but not limited to our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram pages); or
- Give us some feedback
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your shopping cart information, your IP address, browser type and version, operating system and platform and your shopping history (if there is any) etc. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
Information from our partners
We gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly with or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds. These partners include, for example, our business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers. We do not collect your financial information, this is collected and stored by our third party payment processors. See the list of our partners here.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available or from third parties such as, Profile Data, Usage Data, Marketing & Communication Data and Aggregated Data from the following parties:-
- Analytical providers such as Google based outside the EU
- Advertising networks
- Search information providers
- Third party providers of technical, payment and delivery services
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- Provide you with our books our related services. This includes for example registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services
- To allow you to participate in competitions and promotions
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our website when you choose to do so
- Enhance your customer experience
- Fulfil an obligation under law or contract
- To contact you about products and services you have requested
- To notify you about changes to the Website and our products and services
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To identify you
- To provide you a service or to send/offer you a product
- To communicate either for sales or invoicing
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- To allow us to remind you about our products or services on particular dates you have provided to us
- To allow us to provide you with other information, products or services you have requested from us or which we feel may be of interest to you
- To send you personalised offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners)
- To administer and analyse our client base (purchasing behaviour and history) in order to improve the quality, variety and availability of products/ services offered/provided
- To conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction
- To develop our products or services and grow our business and to improve our offering to you
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or the same to your purchasing history/browsing behaviour to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners)
- To allow us to contact you be email and mobile communication (such as SMS notification) and to contact you by post
- For other purposes we have asked your consent for
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfil obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law. To determine the appropriate period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purpose for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. For example, details of your orders will be kept for as long as we need to retain that data to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements. This is generally 7 years unless the law prescribes a longer period.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- The link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing
- The further Processing would not harm your interests and
- There would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We share your data with:
Our processing partners:
- WordPress – Website hosting services
- Stripe – Payment processing services
- Braintree (PayPal)
- Google Pay
Our business partners:
- ESP – Print on demand services
Connected third parties:
- Google – Business analytics
- Facebook – Business analytics
- Mailchimp – Email marketing
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our services may not be accessible.
- Limit Access to Information on Your Mobile Device: Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the ability to discontinue our ability to collect stored information or location information via our mobile apps. If you do so, certain features of our services may not be available.
- Opt-Out of Marketing Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us. Just follow the instructions in those communications or let us know. If you opt out of promotional communications, we may still send you other communications, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using our website, with the drawback that certain features of our website may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- Close Your Account: While we’d be very sad to see you go, if you are no longer interested in our products or services you can close your account. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data
- Request portability of your personal data
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to How to Reach Us to, well, find out how to reach us.
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority (see Contact Information below).
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation
- Social Website Cookies – so you can easily “Like” or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site. The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
That’s it! Thanks for reading.
Last modification was made Oct 21, 2019.